The main issue that people face when they are installing either ordinary grass or Zeon Zoysia Sod is that more amount is spent on maintenance when the sod grass is fully installed. Also, another point that homeowners have to think of is the time that is used on the maintenance.
What Are The Best Characteristics Of Zeon Zoysia Sod?
It has been observed that people install sod grasses because they only look beautiful and ignore the other benefits that it gives. The only advantage that seems important to them is that it helps to reduce the cost of maintenance. But this grass also has the following characteristics.
- Many times a lawn has the most spots where there is shade. So several kinds of grasses will wither out if installed in these areas. The Zeon Zoysia sod grass is ideal for shady areas, but don’t worry as it is also great for sunny places.
- Although, this grass can survive the severe hot weather but watering it has to be consistent. The grass will never wither in the drought if proper 2 to 3 inches of water is given weekly.
- When the Zeon Zoysia Sod in Atlanta is established; the color is a deep green that looks extremely attractive. The leaves of the grass are compacted together which gives a dense look to the lawn.
- Like all other sod grasses, the Zeon Zoysia is also easy to maintain and take care of. During normal days 1 inch of water weekly is enough. But during drought days the recommended water quantity is 2.5 inches.
- It has happened many times that ordinary grass was damaged when medium to heavy foot traffic was experienced. If your house or business will experience this situation then ordering Zeon Zoysia from dealers like Atlanta Sod Farms should be selected.
7 Tips For Maintenance Cost Reduction
Today people don’t have time to spend on things like lawn maintenance, but many individuals take out the time and maintain the lawn. Both these types of people worry about saving as much money as possible. So for them, the following tips will help.
Professional Help For Sod Installation
The majority of issues that lead to increased cost is because the sod grass is not installed properly. Hiring professional sod installing team will reduce the cost of maintenance. A well-established sod grass will be easy to take care of.
Always Water At Recommended Time
People are of the view that they can water at any time during the day, but watering at noon or 2 or 3 pm will waste the water. So the recommended time is during the morning and with a 7 to 10 days gap.
Sometimes Leave The Grass Chippings
Sometimes leaving the chippings of the sod grass can be useful as it can serve as fertilizers. So if the time for applying the fertilizer is near then not clearing out the clippings is the best idea.
Don’t Haste To Mow
Zeon Zoysia should be mowed when it reaches 1 or 2 inches. The best height reaches is 1 inch but 2 inches is also good.
Preparation Of The Soil Is Essential
The preparation of the soil is essential because the initial nutrients reach the grass from the root is at the time of installation.
Know Where To Install The Sod Grass
The best areas for this sod grass installation are in shades as well as where there is plenty of sunlight.
Watch Out For Lawn Issues
Like all other grasses, Zeon Zoysia Sod can have issues, but the intensity is not like the others. But looking out for lawn issues is a great idea to help reduce the cost of maintenance as well as new grass installation.